Sunday 12 April 2020

Are You Beautiful Enough?

Hi, I'm back for my weekly content. So few days back, our Prime Minister had already announced that our MCO will be extended for another 2 weeks until 28th of April. IMO, this is a good move. Have you seen it, though we've got a new cluster rising, number of people discharged healthily increases day by day! Kudos to our fellow frontliners and those who stay at home ❤️ We did great πŸ‘πŸ»

I don't mind not gonna have iftar with my whole family and friends, not gonna have any bazaar Ramadan, not having raya... I want us to be safe and if raya is there, I want us to celebrate it happily, healthily without any worries. This is for our own good, so obey the orders, dearies ✨

It has been just a week since my first post and thanks to the readers πŸ‘€πŸ˜­ I'll keep my update consistent and tryna make it twice a week (if my brain is strong enough to brainstorm topics). I put up my link to my Instagram profile on the left side of this blog and you can request to follow me there. I gain ideas from questions I did on my stories so FOLLOW NOW!




This whole week has been a mess for me actually. I don't know maybe it's because of my hormones or not but I've been crying about my skin. I dont have a flawless skin, fyi. I have active acnes growing on my T-Zone, oily skin, visible pores... yeap. I'm lacking here and there.

Source: Pinterest


Yes, I've been insulted for not having a good skin.

It started when I was 14 years old and I overheard a conversation about me

"Marsya tu tak reti jaga muka dia ke apa? Makin teruk je aku tengok"
"Benda yang dia tempek hari-hari tu elok ke untuk dia"
"Ee pengotor."

That startled me alot

Like really. Bad.

That I'm affected until now. I don't like public speaking because I'm so to negative level for having confidence presenting myself infront of big audience. Even if it's just my classmate. But luckily I've improved alot and slowly gaining back my courage like how I used to be when I was 6.

I hate facing crowd because I tend to sweat alot, then I'll get hard to breathe, slowly I'll get migraine, and sometimes I cried.
I've been having thoughts that I'm not good enough, not pretty enough to be accepted in the society and that no one wanna befriend me. Because...

I don't fit in the beauty standard.
But then, there's this one video where Mamamoo's Hwasa once said...



"If I don't fit in this generation's stardard of beauty, then I will have to become a different standard."

That slapped me hard.

True tho. Why do I have to please people's needs? Why do I have to satisfy them?


Yesterday, I did polls on my Instagram Story regarding these clichΓ© beauty standards that always been a problem for some of our local society. I pull out questions on Skin Tone, Flawless Skin and Body Weight & Proportion.





Skin Tone.

This is what I get from 35 people who answered about "Have you ever get insulted/judged because of your skin tone?" 20/35 people answered yes. They've been insulted.

I asked on the next story if they wanted to share some of their experience, and most of them got called out because of having dark skin. What more disappointing to know is, it happened when they were in school days.

Good Lord.

Firstly, fair skin won't make you an angel and won't guarantee you Heaven if your mouth is like Hell.

We've been knew that some of our local netizens been discriminating skin tone since ages.

I have to admit that even in my big family, some of them will point out those nieces or nephews with dark toned faces and ISTG,

That's horribly rude.

Having dark skin is not ugly and we need to stop this 3rd class mindset. Dark skin people are actually having much more pigmented skin compared to very fair skin complexion which is really good to prevent UV rays to penetrate, damaging your DNA and you have less chances to get skin cancers. ✨

So don't bleach your skin to let people love you. Stop comsuming pills that could make you go brighter than your natural skin pigment should be. Do not harm yourself. Go see a dermatologist if you wanna have advice on what type of skincare should you have 😊 And look at the brighter side so that you won't listen to those trash talks! ❤️

Moving on to something related to it;



Flawless Skin.

As I said, I am someone who's still struggling with acnes and some scars until now. And I really know how it feels like to be spending money on skincares to see which works well and matches our skin type. It's hard. And I cried a lot. I know I'm not the only one. Having a healthy and clean skin is really important and it is part of the hygiene practice.




It's not like we didn't try or we're dirty people. We're still searching for the best!

Some people agreed that it is ugly to have skin with acnes and scars. If it is for yourself, I understand that. I do feel like I am ugly. And disgusting sometimes. But, at certain moments of time I found that having acnes can be beautiful too.

Confidence is what we need! The way we pull out ourselves. The way we style our hairs and hijabs, our outfits... Most importantly.

Our attitudes.

The moment I realised that I can be beautiful, I can be pretty, and I have the courage to walk and talk infront of everyone again is...

By having a cheerful, friendly, outspoken and bright attitude.

Frankly speaking, that's the real me though. I've been like that 10 years back, and I've lost myself because I cared so much about what people would say about me.

So moral of the story is,

DON'T EVER GIVE A DAMN ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE WANNA TALK ABOUT YOU AND BE YOURSELF AGAIN.

Look at what you're good at! If you can't see any, ask your friends or relatives or your family what you're good at and slay them haters with your skills! πŸ’ͺ🏻

It takes time to improve our skin conditions so be patient. Don't expect quick magic to happen because it needs rain to get a rainbow🌈. Keep on finding what's best for your skin and find some reviews on the net or better to have consultation from a dermatologist. We're nearly there!


Let's move on to one of the hottest insults;


Body Weight & Proportion

I know most of us do have friends with overweight or obesity problem. That's not an issue! Encourage your friends to lose some weight, and never belittle them. Some of us can't avoid this condition because of genetic, same like some people having acne prone skins. Some of us happened to be in this weight issue because of unhealthy diet routine. Yeap, I've been in this overweight situation and got called "Mak Gajah". I don't know why people love to drag me. (γ…Ž λ…Έ γ…Ž)


But, I managed to get back to my normal size and being healthy again!
These are the healthy ways I did before;

1. Have a healthy diet!

I ate lesser proportion of carbs than what I've used to eat.

I avoided sugar. That's our main enemy 😀

I did Atkins Diet for the first 2 weeks then I eat using the "Suku, Suku, Separuh" (¼ carbs,¼ proteins,½fibres) technique.



Have some surrounding support!
Encourage your friend to go on and have a healthy diet. Go and have a consultation session or you can find it elsewhere from the internet about good diet techniques.

I've got this alot when people say i don't need to do diet because I'm thin already. Honey, diet is the way you eat. Your eating routine. I still need to have diet on sugar intake because I have diabetes trait in my genes and that's not because I wanna get thinner!

Diet is not about not eating anything! It's about eating healthily ❤

 2. Do some workouts.


It's MCO, I know. But you can download apps online and follow the steps and instructions given and do it indoors! There are tons of workout apps and I've used the 30 Min Workout apps and it helped alot 😭❤️ I stopped working out because I dont have the time to do so 🌚 But I will be back on track because I need to lose these belly fats.

Friendly reminder;

Do not.. Take pills. Or any detox drinks.

Just don't.

Do it naturally and healthily.


Being fat is obviously not healthy but being skinny or on normal weight is not always healthy too.

So be moderate on your intakes and don't expect for a fast results too! It takes time, passion and determination to have a healthy body with a good proportion. πŸ‹πŸ»‍♀️πŸ‹πŸ»‍♂️

Most of the time, these kind of insults used to be their jokes during our school days.

Words are sharper than a knife.

Be careful of what you've been talking.

Think again about people's feelings.

Think again about what would they do if they take it deep into their heart like some of my respondents do where 90% (from 51 respondents) have lost their confidence because of being physically downgraded.

Think again about what would you feel and do if you were the one who's taking those insults?

I know it's hard for us because we've tried so many things to improve our appearance but different people consumes different amount of time to get the best result and satisfying enough to please ourselves. Just remember this.


Source: Pinterest

Do not try hard so bad to match these common beauty standards to please people but then eventually you're torturing yourselves. Don't go overboard. Keep your momentum consistent and don't expect for a fast result. We can get thru this together i know we can.

Don't please people. Society won't forever be satisfy with us. They will find other ways to bring us down again because they don't want you to overshadow their existence. Well, let them be.

From now on, show your true self be confident and be brave. Don't ever look down on yourselves! This is important.
To be pretty, and beautiful is by having those courage and confidence facing those trash talks. Don't ever show that you're affected by their words.

Slowly, you'll be naturally ignoring them and at the same time you're improving yourselves ❤

Get to what you need, not what you want! From your desire it could turn into a greed and sometimes it could even kill you mentally or worse. We don't want that. We want us to love ourselves.

Source: Pinterest

Start by accepting yourselves, correcting some errors. and listen. Beauty is not just from our face or body. It's from our attitude.

Think again, you still have the brightest star in you ❤️ilysm, xx

That marks the end of today's post, and all of you are hella pretty, handsome and attractive today, tomorrow and everyday✨

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here and follow me ♡

BLOGGER COPYRIGHT © 2020. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY MARSYA SABRINA